Credit cards are an essential part of doing business in America, but how they work can be confusing as both a vendor and a consumer. Jonathan McAlees is with FortisPay, a customer-service-focused payment processor for small- and medium-sized businesses, such as Andrea Sager Law. I brought him on this week to discuss the confusing world of credit card sales and he drops a TON of knowledge info for any entrepreneur.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- The deceivingly complicated math behind credit card rates and fees
- How rates affect which credit cards get accepted where
- The security improvements credit card chips carry over magnetic strips
- What’s a chargeback and what’s going on behind the scenes
- What you should consider when increasing your own prices
What was your big takeaway this week? Take a screenshot of this episode, add it to your Instagram Stories, tag @AndreaSagerLaw and @JonathanMcalees and let us know! Plus, follow our brand new IG, @legalpreneur!
Are you ready to establish your LLC? Email me at [email protected] before the end of January, mention this podcast, and I will set you up with a special offer to establish your LLC!
Sign up for Legalpreneur Text Alerts
Text ‘PODCAST’ to 832.225.3164 to enroll in our Legalpreneur text alerts! You’ll receive alerts about new episodes, exclusive giveaways, and more. It also will allow you to chat 1-on-1 with me!
The Legalpreneur Podcast is advertising/marketing material. It is not legal advice. Please consult with your attorney on these topics. Copyright Andrea Sager Law 2020